Author Topic: Extra Credits - James Recommends Armello  (Read 1098 times)

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
Extra Credits - James Recommends Armello
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:53:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tsQ5O6J9c

So I was pretty pleased to see this in my YouTube subscription box today. Extra Credits is a group which I have fluctuating respect for, but I mostly think they're pretty alright people. Glad to see them recommending Armello to people. I left my own thoughts in the comments to try and further encourage potential players to check it out. (I had to be honest, though)
This game needs more birds.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Credits - James Recommends Armello
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 04:08:48 AM »
D'oh! You beat me to the punch. I saw this in my Channel this morning and I was super-excited!

It was a pretty good recommendation. He pretty much points out what the devs have been saying all along; there are some things you can do with a digital board game that would be impossible with a physical one. And hey, if you're being categorized in the same group as Hearthstone, I'd say you're doing something right! I do wish he had touched on the unique organization of the development team itself. It's a noteworthy experiment, and something I definitely think needs to be examined in the cutthroat world of game development.

Extra Credits is a considerably popular medium, and I'm a fan of their deep-dive design lectures. They fudge around with Extra History, but I can understand their drive to tell the past as a story. Anyways! Awesome that Armello readily getting signal boosts from the likes of Penny Arcade and Extra Credits! Both of 'em are huge boardgame nerds, so of course they would. :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:13:08 AM by dragoncrescent »