Author Topic: No love for home?  (Read 1524 times)

Eli

• View Profile
No love for home?
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »

I saw this title at PAX AUS and have been waiting to see a finished product for a while. Now that its here, I went to purchase it and just....stopped.

Even on your own website, its in USD. I expect this sort of thing from everywhere else, but I really struggle to understand why a domestic studio feels the need to not offer the game for 20AUD, in AU.

I know its a small difference. but lately this sort of thing represents the disregard shown towards our region, and Im really saddened to see it coming from within.

Blake Mizzi

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No love for home?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »
Hi Eli,

We understand your concerns and understand them better than you know! We feel the same frustrations when games aren't offered in Australia in a relative prices.

We'd love to offer the game in AUD, currently Steam and HumbleBundle in Australia only offer the USD currency and not AUD, so it's not up to us. We use the HumbleBundle widget on our own website and Steam as one of our primary store platforms.

We don't have any control over the PlayStation 4 price, due to Australia falling under the European Sony team, the have to conform to anti-price fixing European Laws which means we can't set retail prices and can only set the wholesale price.

When HumbleBundle and Steam offer AUD as a currency we'll be local champions for sure!

Thanks Eli,

Blake