Author Topic: Draw cards at end of turn.  (Read 952 times)

Buttons840

• View Profile
Draw cards at end of turn.
« on: September 12, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
Cards play a significant part in the game. The fact that I draw cards at the beginning of my turn hurts my ability to plan. If I drew cards at the end of my turn I could plan my turn better and probably spend half the time making my turn. The real benefit goes to the other 3 players who don't have to wait as long between turns.

It's also a slight buff to forced discard cards. They would actually cause a detriment instead of effectively being "discard 2 then draw 2" cards like they are now.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Draw cards at end of turn.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 01:26:12 AM »
A interesting idea.  though it'd take away the surprise of an Epic topdeck victory.  I think if effects steal cards from people, it'd be better if they just surpressed your next draw (temporary wit penalty).

Buttons840

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 04:01:32 AM »
So to maintain the possibility of a 1 in 1000 event happening you would be willing to wait longer between turns every single turn?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:54:09 AM »
When I start a turn, the cards I draw give me new possibilities.  Taking advantage of those possibilities (oh, I got a Feral, I can plow through this Bane) (oh, I got a Wyldsap, I "can" cross  this swamp this turn) sooner rather than later feels more gratifying.

Buttons840

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:19:02 AM »
By sooner you mean at the end of your turn? I guess it's a little counter intuitive. Players would have draw 1 at the beginning of the game, and draw 2 at the end of their first turn rather than at the beginning of their second turn. Thus, drawing at the end of the turn can be considered "sooner".

Either way players draw the same number of cards, and except for a few special cases players will have a full hand every turn either way.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:43 AM »
I mean, I spent a turn, and got into a fight, and died.  Then my end turn draw included a Feral, I'd be really pissed.  For Cards that are best played during your turn like Banish/Teleport, you'd have to sit on them for a while after the draw.

Buttons840

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 09:17:45 AM »
Sitting on the cards would hopefully lead to faster turns due to planning. Either way you'll have a chance to use your cards. Either way you'll have a full hand. Either way you'll still draw Feral after dying sometimes and get really pissed.

I'm repeating myself, so I'll end here: The chance to speed up players turns out weights the unlikely scenarios you describe. There will always be waiting for other players to take their turn. It's very rare that players die and then draw Feral.