Author Topic: A couple of interface questions  (Read 1003 times)

tomchick

• View Profile
A couple of interface questions
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »
1. How can I get information about my current quest?  I see the location with my banner, of course.  And on the journal screen I can see the type of quest and read a snippet of text.  But I'd like to remind myself what the reward is for the risky option.

2. There's a buffed icon for a character who is currently affected by spell effects.  But is there some way to tell what those effects are?

3. Is there any way to see how many cards are in another character's hand?  That's obviously public knowledge, but I can't see where that information is available.

-Tom

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of interface questions
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:56:42 AM »
1. There is no reminder for the risky option reward until you get there.  With practice, you can remember that "Quest name X" found in the quest log rewards "a follower, a treasure, or a Stone"; and you can see the stat's symbol in the log, but that's the best that's offered for now.

2. Normally if you mouse over the icon a tooltip will list everything. 

3. It's not available outside of combat right now (where you can see the card backs).  This is a long requested feature but it just hasn't been put in the game yet.  For now, remember that they'll have their Wit stat or higher in cards at the top of their turn, and keep track of cards they play/burn by spying on their combats/perils.

tomchick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:55:30 AM »
That's disappointing about the quest card and player hands.  It seems odd that the developers went to the trouble of making a whole page about the quests, but left off the main reason I'm actually doing that particular quest.

As for the hands of cards, that's also a weird omission.  Part of the point of a hand of cards is that you see them in someone's hand!  And given that I have cards that I'll want to cast specifically based on how many cards someone is holding, why am I supposed to cast that blind?  But thanks for your tip.  I knew about the Wit stat, but I guess I could scroll through the turn log to see how many cards a character used on his last turn?  Really clunky, but it'll have to do.

Thanks, Kletian.

-Tom

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »
There's always a chance it'll improve in future monthly updates.