Poll

What should LoG do with the post based membership

Hide it entirely.
Give them out for something other than post count
Leave them as they are.

Author Topic: Post Based Membership Name  (Read 9794 times)

AsfaeksBR

Re: Post Based Membership Name
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 01:17:43 AM »
So, where do I click to Ignore?
I still can only see the "Add to Buddy List" option

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
If you go to your profile, there's an "edit ignore list" option. I attached a picture to show you where

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »
If you go to your profile, there's an "edit ignore list" option. I attached a picture to show you where

thanks for your help Ams, i couldnt find it either :)

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 03:15:12 AM »
No problem! I myself am still wondering if there's anything special about adding someone as a buddy besides just having them on your list?

K Fox

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 05:51:06 AM »
No problem! I myself am still wondering if there's anything special about adding someone as a buddy besides just having them on your list?

It may be only that it makes it easier to see what they're talking about - you can (probably, but I haven't checked for sure here yet) find their most recent posts from their profile, which you'll have easy access to because they're on a list! That's my thought, based on many years of forum'ing.

K Fox
This is my sig, there are many like it but this one is mine... :D

Meniatz

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:13 AM »
I think either length of time that a person has been a member and/or some sort of karma system might be better for cutting down on spam.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 12:05:51 AM »
Im not really fussed to be honest :) maybe we should have it average time spent posting!!!

So divide time logged in online  by amount of posts and allocate it to a rank!!!

So if time = 1000
posts = 200
average = 5

so that seems easy but lets get complicated

for the sake of ranking we will go on seconds not minutes which is what that was ^^

so turn 1000 minutes into seconds = 60000 seconds

--------
200            = 300 so my average would be 300 and if my average is over 250 i might be a grandmaster poster or something.....

idk obviously it can be cheated and such but not very easily and would require incredibly quick browsing and spam posts which the user would be banned for :)

Thats my thoughts anyway :)

CtrlAltDfeat

• Backer
  • SUP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 12:34:03 AM »
Just a thought

But I have seen a few forums use a 'helpful system'.

Basically, everybody's posts will have a 'Was this helpful, 'yes or 'no'' underneath their signature. It's basically a up or down voting system. Doesn't even need to be that, can be a thumbs up or down icon, a happy or sad face; anything!

Maybe something like that could be utilized? So forum members are rewarded for their helpfulness/overall awesome posts, and troll's are penalized for their internet douchebaggery.

So your title would grow and change with the amount of helpful posts and replies you have been voted on from others. I found a pretty nice system. You can then even change the thread to show the posts found most helpful in order, for things like issues with the game/threads, and people don't have to hunt through 35 pages of people talking about mundane things to find their answer.

Apologies if someone has already mentioned something similar already!
~Chewed off my very own hand to get me out of this trap~