9 (33.3%)
Smite
1 (3.7%)
Neither
3 (11.1%)
Not my Thing
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: LoL or Dota2  (Read 10901 times)

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
Re: LoL or Dota2
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 01:41:14 AM »
Yeah Don its not really my cup of tea either :)
You might try LoL if you want :P

@Don Are LoL games longer than Dota2 games? That's what one of my friends told me, but I was wondering if it's true
Yea, it is, the game process is slower than Dota2, but it still depends on personal :)

Okay, good to have a second opinion. I was thinking about joining, but I don't have a ton of time so this is supportive of me not joining lol

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
I have played League of Legends since closed beta and I've played the Dota mods before then.

However, now I find myself transitioning to a new Moba called Dawngate despite the fact it is being published by EA. I've got to say, important aspects of Dawngate feel much more fair and makes more sense than some of the mechanics in League of Legends. Such as being able to interrupt someone mid flight or mid spellcast.

As for my Lol career, I am decidedly a loner after all my friends were chased out of the game by the League of Legends community. It caused too much stress for them to adapt and become more or less passive to the vitrolic community. I played very regularialy until I achieved Diamond in Solo queue last season. Now I play maybe 6 games of Lol a week and about 12 of Dawngate.
Sad to hear about your friends...
Every game no matter how bad it is, there are still having some nice people around there
Although LoL might have worse and toxic community, I just found some good and non-raging friends who have encouraging attitude towards people, regardless of how terrible you are in the game
So wanna play some game with me on LoL game? I am just a newbie btw  :P
I am playing the game on NA server

The good news is that Riot has started banning some top-level players for being chronic jerks, so hopefully that'll send a message. I mean, with 27 million players a day you'll never get rid of all the bad apples, but at least people might realize that if you ever wanna play at the professional level you should maybe act professional.

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »
Hahahaha, omg is it bad that I found that article really funny? I can get serious about games too, but so much rudeness that you get banned?  :P

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »
I have played League of Legends since closed beta and I've played the Dota mods before then.

However, now I find myself transitioning to a new Moba called Dawngate despite the fact it is being published by EA. I've got to say, important aspects of Dawngate feel much more fair and makes more sense than some of the mechanics in League of Legends. Such as being able to interrupt someone mid flight or mid spellcast.

As for my Lol career, I am decidedly a loner after all my friends were chased out of the game by the League of Legends community. It caused too much stress for them to adapt and become more or less passive to the vitrolic community. I played very regularialy until I achieved Diamond in Solo queue last season. Now I play maybe 6 games of Lol a week and about 12 of Dawngate.
Sad to hear about your friends...
Every game no matter how bad it is, there are still having some nice people around there
Although LoL might have worse and toxic community, I just found some good and non-raging friends who have encouraging attitude towards people, regardless of how terrible you are in the game
So wanna play some game with me on LoL game? I am just a newbie btw  :P
I am playing the game on NA server

The good news is that Riot has started banning some top-level players for being chronic jerks, so hopefully that'll send a message. I mean, with 27 million players a day you'll never get rid of all the bad apples, but at least people might realize that if you ever wanna play at the professional level you should maybe act professional.
Yea, this is good for getting the community becoming less toxic tbh
just hope that this can be the lesson for other players as well
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »
@Don

Sure, what is your Summoner name?
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
@Don

Sure, what is your Summoner name?
My summoner name is DonL94 :D
I maybe not available from Wednesday to Friday :3
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »
and mine is Arizel I added you.
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.