9 (33.3%)
Smite
1 (3.7%)
Neither
3 (11.1%)
Not my Thing
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: LoL or Dota2  (Read 10180 times)

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: LoL or Dota2
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Heroes of the Storm?
Did you watch the trailer???! xD So WICKED omfg!

i did it looks awesome!!! The different levels!! MINES!
[/quote]

Go check out Husky on YouTube if you want more HotS. He's run several games in the Alpha build and cast them on his channel(s)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8D7Qvm0YHm0vZKFl-AFdA
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5n2CB2w4-D5AIaT0UOz4w
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
I prefer league because I think I'm watching the game play itself when I'm playing dota.
Like, CC is harder, burst is higher, minions are faster, seem die faster and spawn much faster...
I don't know, it's even harder to stop down and try to see what's going on/what you shoudl do hehe.

Also items seem more confusing to me to start playing. =[

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 12:39:21 AM »
I prefer league because I think I'm watching the game play itself when I'm playing dota.
Like, CC is harder, burst is higher, minions are faster, seem die faster and spawn much faster...
I don't know, it's even harder to stop down and try to see what's going on/what you shoudl do hehe.

I got lucky myself- a friend who's played since the original mod (also played a lot of LoL) coached me when I started playing, me and my friends so I had him there to help me learn.
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 01:11:36 AM »

I got lucky myself- a friend who's played since the original mod (also played a lot of LoL) coached me when I started playing, me and my friends so I had him there to help me learn.

Yeah i was lucky enough to get some people to show me how to play otherwise i would have been the worst!!! the public community sucks but after a while once you have a place in ranked it gets much better!

MrWizard

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
I still play League regularly, but I've been meaning to give DOTA2 a try one of these days, that and Smite. However, as irredeemably toxic as the League community is, I have a feeling the community in other MOBAs won't be any better... Kind of why I supported Armello. It's seems like the type of game that would attract a nice, sophisticated, civil community, and not the group of immature, disrespectful trolls that infest so many other online games.

velvetblues

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
I still play League regularly, but I've been meaning to give DOTA2 a try one of these days, that and Smite. However, as irredeemably toxic as the League community is, I have a feeling the community in other MOBAs won't be any better... Kind of why I supported Armello. It's seems like the type of game that would attract a nice, sophisticated, civil community, and not the group of immature, disrespectful trolls that infest so many other online games.

Yeah that's definitely true, MOBA communities are not the most...inviting.  I'd definitely recommend DoTA, though I have to say I didn't like Smite all that much.  Played it a bit with one of my friends, but never really got into it, I suppose.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
Wizard if you can find some friends to play with or even join a mumble/teamspeak server it gets a lot more inviting but like Velvet said, the community as a public group really sucks haha

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
I'm bad at 'em , but I've always kinda followed MOBAs from the sidelines and think they have an interesting history. I still remember playing the original dota (back when everyone still called it Defense of the Ancients and later DOTA All-Stars) in WarCraft III circa 2004. Much simpler than it is now, and a whole let less refined, but it was great because no one knew what was going on or really cared if you sucked. Once the community formed outside the game, though, it got more and more "srs business" over time.

I think "Demigod" was the first true dota-inspired retail game, even if it didn't have much of following, but then LoL and Heroes of Newerth showed up and that was that. Still think it's amazing that a single custom map from WCIII  turned into a whole genre with million-dollar prize pools, but I guess that's the potential of a good idea.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »
I'm bad at 'em , but I've always kinda followed MOBAs from the sidelines and think they have an interesting history. I still remember playing the original dota (back when everyone still called it Defense of the Ancients and later DOTA All-Stars) in WarCraft III circa 2004. Much simpler than it is now, and a whole let less refined, but it was great because no one knew what was going on or really cared if you sucked. Once the community formed outside the game, though, it got more and more "srs business" over time.

I think "Demigod" was the first true dota-inspired retail game, even if it didn't have much of following, but then LoL and Heroes of Newerth showed up and that was that. Still think it's amazing that a single custom map from WCIII  turned into a whole genre with million-dollar prize pools, but I guess that's the potential of a good idea.

Demigod!! Steam summer sale i still have 3 copies to give away haha if ya want one? I never heard of MOBA until a few years back when LoL surfaced!

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »

Demigod!! Steam summer sale i still have 3 copies to give away haha if ya want one? I never heard of MOBA until a few years back when LoL surfaced!
I just heard about Dota 1 many years ago, when my friends started to play it in the whole, then I expose to these kind of games XD
But still not playing MOBA games because I know I really terrible at it since my first game :P
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »
Yeah Don its not really my cup of tea either :)

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
I have played League of Legends since closed beta and I've played the Dota mods before then.

However, now I find myself transitioning to a new Moba called Dawngate despite the fact it is being published by EA. I've got to say, important aspects of Dawngate feel much more fair and makes more sense than some of the mechanics in League of Legends. Such as being able to interrupt someone mid flight or mid spellcast.

As for my Lol career, I am decidedly a loner after all my friends were chased out of the game by the League of Legends community. It caused too much stress for them to adapt and become more or less passive to the vitrolic community. I played very regularialy until I achieved Diamond in Solo queue last season. Now I play maybe 6 games of Lol a week and about 12 of Dawngate.
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
You might try LoL if you want :P

I have played League of Legends since closed beta and I've played the Dota mods before then.

However, now I find myself transitioning to a new Moba called Dawngate despite the fact it is being published by EA. I've got to say, important aspects of Dawngate feel much more fair and makes more sense than some of the mechanics in League of Legends. Such as being able to interrupt someone mid flight or mid spellcast.

As for my Lol career, I am decidedly a loner after all my friends were chased out of the game by the League of Legends community. It caused too much stress for them to adapt and become more or less passive to the vitrolic community. I played very regularialy until I achieved Diamond in Solo queue last season. Now I play maybe 6 games of Lol a week and about 12 of Dawngate.
Sad to hear about your friends...
Every game no matter how bad it is, there are still having some nice people around there
Although LoL might have worse and toxic community, I just found some good and non-raging friends who have encouraging attitude towards people, regardless of how terrible you are in the game
So wanna play some game with me on LoL game? I am just a newbie btw  :P
I am playing the game on NA server

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 01:01:28 AM »

@Don Are LoL games longer than Dota2 games? That's what one of my friends told me, but I was wondering if it's true

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »

@Don Are LoL games longer than Dota2 games? That's what one of my friends told me, but I was wondering if it's true
Yea, it is, the game process is slower than Dota2, but it still depends on personal :)