9 (33.3%)
Smite
1 (3.7%)
Neither
3 (11.1%)
Not my Thing
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: LoL or Dota2  (Read 10900 times)

Larux

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: LoL or Dota2
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 04:21:05 PM »
LoL and Dota 2 have the worst communities ever. Maybe half a year ago I got pissed almost every match but since then I've just taken the attitude that it is just a game and there is no reason getting mad over it. Also you can ignore all the players so you don't have to listen for little babies crying over everything  :D

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »
i played LoL for awhile. I had my fun with it, but Heroes of the Storm is calling my name.

Heroes of the Storm?

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »
i played LoL for awhile. I had my fun with it, but Heroes of the Storm is calling my name.

Heroes of the Storm?
Yea, it is another MOBA game from Blizzard.. currently in beta stage
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »

Heroes of the Storm?
Yea, it is another MOBA game from Blizzard.. currently in beta stage
Blizzard! wow im gonna google it!

Edit: http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us
Incase anyone else is wondering :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:56:08 PM by 8BitProxy »

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »
It's also true that the communities can be pretty acidic- thankfully I have a lot of friends I know IRL that play so I don't have to bother with terrible pubs most games. And when I do I usually have at least one friend with me lol.

I guess that's the thing is all the better people who play the game and are nice tend to already have people to play with- whereas if you play with lots of total randoms they're more likely to be.. less pleasant.

As a support player I can definitely say some of them suck a lot though xP
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

velvetblues

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »
It's also true that the communities can be pretty acidic- thankfully I have a lot of friends I know IRL that play so I don't have to bother with terrible pubs most games. And when I do I usually have at least one friend with me lol.

I guess that's the thing is all the better people who play the game and are nice tend to already have people to play with- whereas if you play with lots of total randoms they're more likely to be.. less pleasant.

As a support player I can definitely say some of them suck a lot though xP

Yeah, I personally play Dota 2 because most of my friends play it.  I've played LoL and Smite as well, but from a design/aesthetics standpoint I prefer Dota, and none of my friends play the other two lol.  It's true the community can be super caustic and pretty awful, but with a team full of good friends it's usually pretty easy to laugh that off.  It's all about having fun and doing your best!

Also, I definitely play support a lot, but I usually play heroes that can morph between a support and carry role, so lots of Silencer and Enchantress action.  My best is Skywrath though.  I try to mix it up when I can, play a few hard carries in there as well.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Myself I've been playing dedicated support since we all started playing- mostly because like everyone else all my friends wanted to play carry, so I decided to support instead. Since then they've branched out to doing different things once they realized carry isn't always that fun- but I'm still pretty support focused.

My first and best hero was and is Jakiro- but I've learned to play a pretty mean Earthshaker, Vengeful and many others- pretty much gotta learn them all so I can play with the team needs me to lol.

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 03:14:52 AM »
LoL and Dota 2 have the worst communities ever. Maybe half a year ago I got pissed almost every match but since then I've just taken the attitude that it is just a game and there is no reason getting mad over it. Also you can ignore all the players so you don't have to listen for little babies crying over everything  :D

I wonder if MOBAs just attract anti-social people or the games just make them that way? It's like some kinda online jerkiness causality dilemma. Not saying everyone who plays 'em are terrible people (obviously!) but that they act like a sort of, uh, dilweed magnet. At one time I would have said without hesitation that Battle.net was the biggest hive of scum and/or villainy, but I guess a lot of those players moved on to other games.

Sorta on topic, but is Heroes of Newerth still popular? As a very casual MOBA player I remember this one being a player in fanboy wars all the time several years ago, and now it just never really comes up in conversation. I think it was supposed to be more in-line with Dota (the original, as in the WCIII map), at least originally, using a lot of the same heroes, but re-skinned. I have no experience with this one at all, just curious.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »
This is honestly the first time ive heard of it and being friends with a lot of LoL players I try and stay upto date with Mobas, (unsuccessfully it seems :p) but it doesnt look to bad im loving the idea of multi layers to the level like the mines!

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:47 PM »
I don't think they do. No more than any other large multiplayer game anyway. I think there'ss just so many people playing there's bound to be a lot of less pleasant players and they can tend to be more vocal and more likely to not be playing with friends (so you end up with them in your team randomly.)

The games themselves are innately team work based so those who are truly good at the games also tend to be those who work better with others. In fact the team aspect of Dota is one of the reasons I love it so much. Again cos I usually always pay with my friends.

Larux

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »
By the way. Does Dota 2 have "joke" gamemodes like LoL does? At least in LoL it works in a way that they make an weird mutator for a gamemode and it's available for couple of weeks or so and then they delete it and there is usually about couple months waiting time until the next "joke" gamemode comes out. The last one was by far the best IMO. Every ability had -80% cooldown reduction and manacosts were removed. It was pure mayhem. Everyone was spamming their skills like madmen. I loved it :D
   Tomorrow they will release the next gametype. It will be so that every player in the match has the same champions (or heroes and in Dota). We had a gametype before where one team had the same champions and the other team had theirs  but now it will be for every player in the game.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 04:40:24 PM »
By the way. Does Dota 2 have "joke" gamemodes like LoL does? At least in LoL it works in a way that they make an weird mutator for a gamemode and it's available for couple of weeks or so and then they delete it and there is usually about couple months waiting time until the next "joke" gamemode comes out. The last one was by far the best IMO. Every ability had -80% cooldown reduction and manacosts were removed. It was pure mayhem. Everyone was spamming their skills like madmen. I loved it :D
   Tomorrow they will release the next gametype. It will be so that every player in the match has the same champions (or heroes and in Dota). We had a gametype before where one team had the same champions and the other team had theirs  but now it will be for every player in the game.

Well you can make custom games in lobbies if you want to take everyone cool-downs away or give everyone heaps of gold. You can also play reverse captains mode where you pick one anothers teams.

They do have event game modes like diretide where everyone collects candy and tries to kill a big boss roshan at the end as many times as possible to get cooler items for instance.

We also have general fun game modes being released one at a time like ability draft- you pick a hero and then draft them four abilities out of all the abilities in the game.

They're soon releasing something called All Random Death Match, where when you die you random a new hero and get changed to playing that hero. That was something we unlocked as part of the compendium goals for the international. Pretty hype for it.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
oh those sound awesome lick!!! Im a LoL guy at heart and i loved URF mode (poor sona) but they sound awesome and its great to see they arent controlled by the dev, its a pity URF isnt still available for a private match

SmoggyBelle

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »
They're soon releasing something called All Random Death Match, where when you die you random a new hero and get changed to playing that hero. That was something we unlocked as part of the compendium goals for the international. Pretty hype for it.
Are you serious!?!?!?!?! I didn't see this in my compendium book O___O

yes xD you can tick the "cheat" box when you make ur own lobby with ur friends/computer bots...
there a few code for unlocking those xD
-gold123123 gives you the amount of gold inputted, e.g.: 123123 in this case
-lvlup25 makes u level up to the lvl u inputted, e.g.: lvl25 in this case
-wtf just removes all skill and item cooldowns xD

My bf and I loves going into wtf mode and just spam-slaughter those bots xD

Sorta on topic, but is Heroes of Newerth still popular? As a very casual MOBA player I remember this one being a player in fanboy wars all the time several years ago, and now it just never really comes up in conversation. I think it was supposed to be more in-line with Dota (the original, as in the WCIII map), at least originally, using a lot of the same heroes, but re-skinned. I have no experience with this one at all, just curious.
HoN was before Dota2 right? :O
my bf played that before he started dota :O he said the speed there is a lot more quicker than dota2 xD and heroes there are more OP :O you can farm very quickly too.. and it's possible to end the game in 15 mins if your team is good :O finger skills must be good xD

Yeah, I personally play Dota 2 because most of my friends play it.  I've played LoL and Smite as well, but from a design/aesthetics standpoint I prefer Dota, and none of my friends play the other two lol.  It's true the community can be super caustic and pretty awful, but with a team full of good friends it's usually pretty easy to laugh that off.  It's all about having fun and doing your best!

Also, I definitely play support a lot, but I usually play heroes that can morph between a support and carry role, so lots of Silencer and Enchantress action.  My best is Skywrath though.  I try to mix it up when I can, play a few hard carries in there as well.
I agree! xD it's definitely more fun with friends :D
I usually just mute people cuz they're noisy >:( I Skype-call my friends instead :3

IMO, support heroes can make a wicked carry :O Dem stuns ._. I usually do starting game support and carry in mid game with Lina and Venge xD

Heroes of the Storm?
Did you watch the trailer???! xD So WICKED omfg!

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
Heroes of the Storm?
Did you watch the trailer???! xD So WICKED omfg!
[/quote]

i did it looks awesome!!! The different levels!! MINES!