Author Topic: The Road to v1.0... and BEYOND!  (Read 15754 times)

Gusteon

• Backer
  • Fluffy and cuddly, but mind the teeth~
    • View Profile
Re: The Road to v1.0... and BEYOND!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »
I'm so excited for the game to finally be released! :D

I also see the names for our Rat Assassin and Rabbit Sapper have been (sorta) revealed~
From the Polygon article:
The second hero from the Rat Clan, Zosha, the Whisper, takes advantage of the cover of night and goes into Stealth every sunset. While hidden from sight Zosha can outmaneuver her competition, avoiding aggressive heroes while also sneaking up on those who least expect it. Her low body stat means she must be careful to pick the right battles, but her unusually strong fight makes her a tough competitor to defend against, especially when her opponent can’t see her coming.
Barnaby, Screwloose, from the Rabbit Clan is an impressive tinkerer allowing him to swap items in and out of his inventory depending on what any given situation calls for, making him highly adaptable to multiple strategies. His self-made armor grants him a very high body stat allowing him to take several heavy blows from other characters, while a respectable fight score means he can also deliver tough strikes of his own.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 11:16:59 AM »
If there are no more updates before release, can we get some patch note previews so we can still send you feedback in August?

Can probably do you one better Kletian999, nothing is finalised but we're aiming to go out to our core community testers to preview and give us feedback. Hold tight :)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »
I'm so excited for the game to finally be released! :D

I also see the names for our Rat Assassin and Rabbit Sapper have been (sorta) revealed~
From the Polygon article:
The second hero from the Rat Clan, Zosha, the Whisper, takes advantage of the cover of night and goes into Stealth every sunset. While hidden from sight Zosha can outmaneuver her competition, avoiding aggressive heroes while also sneaking up on those who least expect it. Her low body stat means she must be careful to pick the right battles, but her unusually strong fight makes her a tough competitor to defend against, especially when her opponent can’t see her coming.
Barnaby, Screwloose, from the Rabbit Clan is an impressive tinkerer allowing him to swap items in and out of his inventory depending on what any given situation calls for, making him highly adaptable to multiple strategies. His self-made armor grants him a very high body stat allowing him to take several heavy blows from other characters, while a respectable fight score means he can also deliver tough strikes of his own.

And with that they have a Wiki page ! Bare bones, but their there.

http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Zosha

http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Barnaby

Alvorn

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Will the testers get to muck around with the new heroes? If so, when can we get our grubby paws in them?
This game needs more birds.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »
Oooh! I can not WAIT to see what kind of card that Fox minstrel goes to! :D

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 06:36:10 PM »
Will the testers get to muck around with the new heroes? If so, when can we get our grubby paws in them?

Hey CCC, I think  I answered the question above ^^

Can probably do you one better Kletian999, nothing is finalised but we're aiming to go out to our core community testers to preview and give us feedback. Hold tight :)

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »

Hey CCC, I think  I answered the question above ^^

;D
I find these kinds of posts funnier than I should.
(Never understood why, though...  :-\ )

I also would like to say once more - considering this thread is called "The Road to v1.0" that as much as I hate to recall spring's ever interesting KS/Steam fiasco that I'm glad that I still decided to hop on board for such a sweet project in EA. I know I sorta mentioned it in my previous post, but Imma gonna say it agin 'cuz it makes me feel good.
You guys are the best.

I did some reminiscing today and read through a certain Polygon article that (to my knowledge, which is slim) was the only article truly covering the situation. As I read it, I found it funny to think that I was initially one of the ones who was upset, but upon really getting to see the heart and soul you guys poured into this project and that this was your baby that you guys really wanted to see fly, decided to buy into it, and have never regretted it. In talking with Lisy during the situation, I vowed to do what little I could to make this game (particularly its Steam community, which had nothing but a few toxic users talking at the time, really) a better one.

Once more, I'm glad to see that you guys have finally made it here, and I hope that this is a sign of the grand times that await Armello's future, and I'm glad that we've managed to keep our "fracture" (what I feared could happen) next to nil.

Have at it LoG!
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:55 AM »
REDDDD your post was just LOVELY to read and has topped off my already great day.

<3 <3 <3

Much love to our rad community, I'm really excited to see the next step in the journey and introduce more people to this group of amazing peeps.

AHHHH~~~~

Blake Mizzi

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »
Thanks TheRedRaccoon means so much to us, we're getting pretty emotional in these closing weeks to V1.0 :)

But I do want to reiterate what was said in the Road Map message, this isn't the end of the Journey, not by a long shot! Its just the milestone of the original mission, now with everyone onboard we can keep growing and building Armello.

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
TheRedRaccoon means so much to us...

Really? I DO?!

~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »

Where do you guys keep finding these hilariously appropriate gifs!? :D

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
Gifs are VERY important to us.

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 09:47:08 PM »

Where do you guys keep finding these hilariously appropriate gifs!? :D
You've never heard of Gif horses?

Randam Saiko

• I'm not a pro at anything...except complaining
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 03:26:43 AM »
After a long journey, we have finally come to Official Release.  It's been a helluva journey with you amazing devs and community. Hoping for a themed drunk dev official launch stream special

Here's to everyone and may we continue to literally and metaphorically stab each other in the back!