Author Topic: Why hello there~  (Read 6459 times)

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
Why hello there~
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:53:43 AM »
Hello all,

The name's Lick , Master of the Tea, a pleasure to make your acquaintance!
My name outside the internet isn't Sky, nor is it Daniel- but in a few months if the government is kind to me it probably will be. I did a little intro in one of the introduction threads but since we have this lovely introductions section I figured it couldn't hurt to say hi here as well!

What can I say about myself? Well I'm 18, a student and an artist, living in Melbourne, Australia, and I'm just finishing up the first semester of the first year of my games design degree. I'm an avid gamer and I love an odd mixture of devoted single player story experiences and full on team games like Dota 2- which I play far too much of. Naturally I fell in love with this project the moment I laid eyes on the kick-starter.

Hyenas are my favourite animal- or at least they would be if for some cruel reason I was forced to choose just one of natures fantastic creatures. Something about them just appeals to me on a higher level, and I think they have an unfair reputation!

I also like hanging out with, talking with and just having friends in general!! So feel free to say hi anytime~

Peace love n bubble tea people!!
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

macoman1

Re: Why hello there~
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »
Greetings

My name is macoman1, also known as The Commander. My real name is Jacob. I am 18 (19 on June 1st) a student and am an avid gamer.I live in West Virginia U.S.A. and am stating my classes for a degree in computer engineering. I love good single player games but I usually only tend to want to back multiplayer ones as I find those very fun. Foxes are my fave animal and I hope to own one when I'm no longer in school. I came upon armello by browsing Kick starter and fell in love with it. It has beautiful art, wonderful game mechanics, and an interesting story. I am very laid back and enjoy talking with others.

Bubble tea is fleeting, Armello is forever.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:29:47 AM by macoman1 »

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:32:55 AM »
Hello Lick and macoman! :DD
Nice to  meet you guys!
You are awesome XD
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »
Hey lick nice to officially meet you!! Im a fellow game designer so Hey! what have you been taught so far?

Hello to you as well macoman! You get to keep foxes as pets!!! Here in Australia we cant :'(

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about yourselves :) Cant wait to hang out with you guys in game!

ps. What games do you own?

YouTube | Email

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
Good ta see you here, Lick. Still laughin' it up, I see.  ;D

Cyborg Maco, too, eh? Good to see you guys made it over here without any problems. Now we can officially get to the business of getting down to business!

ChuRenDel

• Backer
  • The Champion of Armello
    • View Profile
    • ChuRenDel's DeviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
Master Lick, you are now the main reason on why I want to have a taste of bubble tea. Is it sweet? Do tell me please!

Commander, 1st of June is your Bday? Alrighty, any plans for this weekend? It's just around the corner, you know.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
Hello hello friends friends!! :>
hehe yes still laughing~

Haha yes! Bubble tea- it is fleeting, I wish 100 days was as well xP
However 100 days, unlike Armello- is not forever!!

So far in my course I've learned a lot about character development and overall games design concepts- as well as some Maya (which I admit I'm not amazing at in the slightest) and a brief taste of Unity.

I own too many games to list xDD I'm sure you can look at my Library on Steam, no?
I guess I'd have to say at the moment I'm playing a lot of the new Etrian odyssey for 3DS- it's so pretty!! And I just picked up Bravely Default. Before that I was playing Phoenix Wright vs Layton- it's soo good!!!

And bubble tea? It's sweet if you get it sweet lol- the place I like to go Chatime let's you choose and I find the normal sweetness levels too much, so I usually go 80% or 50% depending on the flavour! I like traditional tea flavours myself, like Earl Grey and Jasmine- but Passionfruit Green tea is also amazing!! (Passionfruit is another thing I love)

ChuRenDel

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
Hmm...this gives me an idea, Master Lick. If you could associate the heroes of Armello with a type of tea, how would you go about doing this?

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »
i go to a place called EasyWay and i get Mango Green Tea with jellies, its amazing!! and pretty cheap too!

Oh im doing Unity at the moment! what language are you using or is it stuff like terrains and such at the moment?
Also! what is your preffered area in game design!

YouTube | Email

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 05:06:05 PM »
WELL!!

Sana would probably be Oolong. I think it has a really earthy flavour, and it really reminds me of forests and wild grounds. This would of course be Oolong without milk, and probably with pearls, aloe or herbal jelly as the topping. 50% sugar or less.

Amber would be something fresh and aromatic like Jasmine green tea! I think jasmine would suit her because it's refined and delicate but also has that adventurous after-taste. You'd need at least 80% sugar though. For toppings I'd have to say coconut or lychee jelly for her.

Thane would be Earl Grey, evidently because of his regal and impressive stature, and also the nature of the name itself- as he is a gray wolf lol. For a topping perhaps pearls also? And extra ice!

Mercurio is a little trickier but I'd say some kind of lavish milk tea- like coconut maybe. He'd have custard perhaps as his topping but then maybe something else like pearls that surprises you amongst the sweetness of the custard! xP

I dunno, these are all flavours I know well too- there a plenty of others I have yet to try.

I went to EasyWay once but the Tea I got there was too sweet and they don't have a smaller size so I paid more but there was too much for me to drink xD; I ended up being left with a poor impression I'm afraid.

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
Also I'm not sure I remember what language the programmers were using because the design course and the programming course are separate- and we don't get a taste of programming until next semester.

I however am more interested in art- be it concept art or animation. As well as game design and mechanics design and just thinking about how a game can work and all come together!

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
I went to EasyWay once but the Tea I got there was too sweet and they don't have a smaller size so I paid more but there was too much for me to drink xD; I ended up being left with a poor impression I'm afraid.

What tea did you get!

YouTube | Email

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »
I got a coconut milk tea- with mango jelly in it which was admittedly a poor decision on my part but I wanted to try it and didn't expect the jelly to be so sweet!! xD;

ChuRenDel

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »
Gosh, you sure know your tea. Hmm...heehee. Here's a tough one. The Countess, the Commander, the Conqueror, how about the four of us? What tea would you recommend we be associated with, dear Master Lick?

Laughing Lick

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
Well I can't presume to know enough about you personally, and I'm sure I've missed plenty of what's happened however I can try, the descriptions may not be so detailed though.

Perhaps if you can tell me what animals you all associate most with, it'd be easier in the context of this discussion? xD