Author Topic: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Landing on the 25th June PST)  (Read 5190 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Landing on the 25th June PST)
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:46:19 AM »
Hey y'all,

The next update "Pride's Fall" has been announced, keep updated here: http://armello.com/#updates.

v0.3.5 is not yet live, it will be appearing in your Steam libraries on the 25th June PST!

Stay tuned and discuss what you think this update might contain!

Feature 1: Tactics
Get slippery and go on the offensive with updated Ambush and Evade mechanics. These mechanics were long overdue for a bit of a Spring clean, so we've added a few juicy extras to these systems.

Ever been "Routed" and thought.. but there were OTHER tiles available?? With the new system a creature can now retreat to the three tiles behind as well as two in front (not from where the Attack has come).

After our last review of the Scout ability, we've added some extra's to the Ambush mechanic. We'd played around with a few different ideas but this was the most balanced. Ambush is uniform for both defensive and offensive stealth. Attacking out of Stealth simply will now grant them an Ambush over their victim. If two characters stubble into each other then both are Ambushed and neither can burn cards. 

Feature 2: Duality
With this feature, if a Corrupted Hero claims a fourth Spirit Stone and becomes a Spirit Walker, they will be cleansed of their Rot by death and return to their Clan Grounds with zero Rot.

On the other end of the spectrum, Corrupted Heroes will now siphon one Rot from every Bane they kill.

Feature 3: Royal Armoury
The ailing King now has his own set of Kings Treasures, a Hero Power and some cool new visualisations. These changes give the King even more of a deadly feel and reminder to all in the land of Armello that he is not one to mess with. Preparation will be even more important when going up against the new and improved King.

<3

Lisy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:04:07 PM by Lisy Kane »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (First reveal 16th June PST)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »
Pride's fall... more ways to remove prestige from other players, or spending prestige for effects?

A Lion Pride comes into mind too, but I can't imagine you making the King weaker.  PS.  Can the King get a name?

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 03:58:21 AM »
Hmmm... the leonine amulet? The massive buster sword? Lion - pride? Fall? There's only ONE thing this update could POSSIBLY be about!

Amber's finally getting her fox pet cosmetic item and we're going to get some avian representation! :D :D :D

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
HYPE
This game needs more birds.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Next reveal 21st June PST)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
New Evade mechanics: does this mean that extra retreat options is only for Evading people?  Is the mechanic changing any other way?

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
Attacking out of Stealth simply will now grant them an Ambush over their victim.

Can't wait to try this ! I remember discussing this very topic way back in the first few builds of Alpha.

Alvorn

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »
Attacking out of Stealth simply will now grant them an Ambush over their victim.

Can't wait to try this ! I remember discussing this very topic way back in the first few builds of Alpha.

Alvorn

Yes! Obligatory "I thought that's what it already did" conversation from ages ago.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Next reveal 23rd June PST)
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
Feature 2: Duality
With this feature, if a Corrupted Hero claims a fourth Spirit Stone and becomes a Spirit Walker, they will be cleansed of their Rot by death and return to their Clan Grounds with zero Rot.

On the other end of the spectrum, Corrupted Heroes will now siphon one Rot from every Bane they kill.

Hey Lisy,

Excellent ! Another batch of long awaited changes. very happy with both concepts.

Quick question. I'm assuming that if you have 4 Spirit stones and THEN become corrupted that same thing will happen ? i.e. you die and re-spawn at clan grounds with 0 rot.
I also assume it means that any hero with 4 spirits stones can still have 1-4 Rot. Or does carrying 4 stones ALWAYS cleanse your Rot, even at the minor levels ?

Alvorn

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Re: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Next reveal 23rd June PST)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 01:23:23 PM »
Awesome questions!

Quick question. I'm assuming that if you have 4 Spirit stones and THEN become corrupted that same thing will happen ? i.e. you die and re-spawn at clan grounds with 0 rot.

Yup that's correct!

I also assume it means that any hero with 4 spirits stones can still have 1-4 Rot. Or does carrying 4 stones ALWAYS cleanse your Rot, even at the minor levels ?

It only cleanses Rot when the Hero changes into the Corrupted state!

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Pride's Fall v0.3.5 Teasers (Landing on the 25th June PST)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:16 AM »
With the announcement regarding kings armory, I presume I'm allowed to say the king is a much tougher contender now- those who like Prestige and Spirit stone victories will be happy.

Mahasuchi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:02 AM »
With the announcement regarding kings armory, I presume I'm allowed to say the king is a much tougher contender now- those who like Prestige and Spirit stone victories will be happy.

The Wolf clan loves a challenge! The taller they get, the harder they fall. I see some epic Rot battles in the future too.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 05:30:59 AM »
This goes Live today right?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
Man, forums really quiet the past week or so, but it's a bit too early for a new update... Did you guys go to ComicCon?

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
I was thinking of posting some more long-form essays, but I ended up dropping all three of them.
This game needs more birds.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:20 AM »
Yeah, this last patch wasn't as discussion provoking as those previous.  The stealth/Rot changes were welcome and uncontroversial.  Giving the King gear likewise well received without complaint (though now that I think of it, I wish the crown did more than just let him stay still).  My concerns about the Evade system haven't gotten much response, nor the threads on potential future changes.