Author Topic: Just arrived? Say Hi! Introduce yourself!  (Read 37778 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: Just arrived? Say Hi! Introduce yourself!
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »
CrazyBob05
I just got here because I just got into Armello and I love that game, though it does know how to really tick me off sometimes.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
Welcome CrazyBob05!

Heh, oh yeah, we all get a little salty when the dice twist the wrong way or that hero swoops in and eats your lunch!

But you've now found a great place to vent and get advice!

Peace!  :)

AesAthena

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2016, 10:48:45 AM »
Hiya!

I'm AesAthena, and I've been active over on the Armello Steam forums for a few months now. (What can I say? I have an allergy to registering places.) Steam says I've played the game about 140 hours, but I don't like to play more than a game or two a day.

I bought Armello upon release because I accidentally thought a friend of mine worked on some of the art. She didn't, but that's OK because this game is right up my alley--talking animals, beautiful art, sweet, sweet sound effects...

Outside of Armello, I post my own artwork and stuff at http://athenasdesk.wordpress.com . And I hope to be releasing a short Armello fanfic in the next few weeks or so.

Um...

*tiny dance*

That's it!

Ath

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »
Welcome to the show AesAthena!

A lot of us gather for the Twitch streams, so feel free to pop in there as well if you want some live interaction with a bunch of friendly peeps who dig the same things that you are into! :)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »
Hi Lunchie
Lessee...  A few of my favorite Gamecube games are Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia Legends.  If you have a PS2 I can't recommend the dotHACK series and Rogue Galaxy enough.  I'm really into JRPGs but I'm not very fond of a lot of Final Fantasies.

Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2016, 06:13:07 AM »
GREETINGS FROM FINLAND

I am Marcus.  I registered here because I was seeking for peer support one night after being completely wrecked by RNG gods. I ended up reading a thread here on how Armello has made people feel like crying.

I ended up reading the forums until 2am when I was supposed to wake up before 5am for work. Well, I got what I came here for. Anyways, I ended up registering. I think I haven't been a part of any community in a decade, so, er, introducing... Uh.

Well I go to work and I play the guitar. I play old-fashioned slide blues on a bell-brass resonator, if anyone cares for that sorta thing. Other things I like: Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like Melee a lot. Like, really, a lot. But I also like Armello. A lot. Cooking is nice too.

Well, pleased to meet you folks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:15:59 AM by Belmont »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
Hi Belmont.  It may not be up your alley but if you have the creativity or if you like hearing other people's ideas,  One thing I found on this forum that I enjoy doing is character/card suggestions.

Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Hi Belmont.  It may not be up your alley but if you have the creativity or if you like hearing other people's ideas,  One thing I found on this forum that I enjoy doing is character/card suggestions.

Oh uh, maybe. I suppose. I think the rot mechanism needs some work, but that'd require a lot of thinking before I could come up with anything. I'll put this in the back burner though, thanks.

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2016, 10:57:22 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Belmont! Hope you continue to enjoy Armello. If your luck stays sour, you could always write a song about it  ;).
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Or you could use my strategy.  Avoid combat, use quests to raise your prestige, and try to get your hands on as many spirit stones as possible.

Stefka Kerensky

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
Hi there!
I've bought Armello thanks to Steam sale and............ wow what a wonderful boardgame!
One of the better I've played in 25 years of PC boardgame.
Very addictive!

Thanks LoG

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »
Welcome to the Armello Community Stefka!
It's a game that grows with each play and with each new player you face so I imagine your excitement can only go up from here! :)

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
Helloooooo! I'm SkyBlueFox (just Sky works :V ) I only picked Armello up very recently, but I've ended up really enjoying it so far (and my first Spirit Stone victory was so clutch and fatefully perfect that I'm writing a big story inspired by it right now). I don't know if I'll post all super-often, but I'm happy to hang around!  :)

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »
Welcome, welcome!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
I can't wait to read that story.  Provided it isn't too long, my attention for such things has been rather short lately.