Author Topic: Just arrived? Say Hi! Introduce yourself!  (Read 28393 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: Just arrived? Say Hi! Introduce yourself!
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »
CrazyBob05
I just got here because I just got into Armello and I love that game, though it does know how to really tick me off sometimes.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
Welcome CrazyBob05!

Heh, oh yeah, we all get a little salty when the dice twist the wrong way or that hero swoops in and eats your lunch!

But you've now found a great place to vent and get advice!

Peace!  :)

AesAthena

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2016, 10:48:45 AM »
Hiya!

I'm AesAthena, and I've been active over on the Armello Steam forums for a few months now. (What can I say? I have an allergy to registering places.) Steam says I've played the game about 140 hours, but I don't like to play more than a game or two a day.

I bought Armello upon release because I accidentally thought a friend of mine worked on some of the art. She didn't, but that's OK because this game is right up my alley--talking animals, beautiful art, sweet, sweet sound effects...

Outside of Armello, I post my own artwork and stuff at http://athenasdesk.wordpress.com . And I hope to be releasing a short Armello fanfic in the next few weeks or so.

Um...

*tiny dance*

That's it!

Ath

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »
Welcome to the show AesAthena!

A lot of us gather for the Twitch streams, so feel free to pop in there as well if you want some live interaction with a bunch of friendly peeps who dig the same things that you are into! :)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »
Hi Lunchie
Lessee...  A few of my favorite Gamecube games are Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia Legends.  If you have a PS2 I can't recommend the dotHACK series and Rogue Galaxy enough.  I'm really into JRPGs but I'm not very fond of a lot of Final Fantasies.

Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2016, 06:13:07 AM »
GREETINGS FROM FINLAND

I am Marcus.  I registered here because I was seeking for peer support one night after being completely wrecked by RNG gods. I ended up reading a thread here on how Armello has made people feel like crying.

I ended up reading the forums until 2am when I was supposed to wake up before 5am for work. Well, I got what I came here for. Anyways, I ended up registering. I think I haven't been a part of any community in a decade, so, er, introducing... Uh.

Well I go to work and I play the guitar. I play old-fashioned slide blues on a bell-brass resonator, if anyone cares for that sorta thing. Other things I like: Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like Melee a lot. Like, really, a lot. But I also like Armello. A lot. Cooking is nice too.

Well, pleased to meet you folks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:15:59 AM by Belmont »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
Hi Belmont.  It may not be up your alley but if you have the creativity or if you like hearing other people's ideas,  One thing I found on this forum that I enjoy doing is character/card suggestions.

Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Hi Belmont.  It may not be up your alley but if you have the creativity or if you like hearing other people's ideas,  One thing I found on this forum that I enjoy doing is character/card suggestions.

Oh uh, maybe. I suppose. I think the rot mechanism needs some work, but that'd require a lot of thinking before I could come up with anything. I'll put this in the back burner though, thanks.

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2016, 10:57:22 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Belmont! Hope you continue to enjoy Armello. If your luck stays sour, you could always write a song about it  ;).
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Or you could use my strategy.  Avoid combat, use quests to raise your prestige, and try to get your hands on as many spirit stones as possible.

Stefka Kerensky

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
Hi there!
I've bought Armello thanks to Steam sale and............ wow what a wonderful boardgame!
One of the better I've played in 25 years of PC boardgame.
Very addictive!

Thanks LoG

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »
Welcome to the Armello Community Stefka!
It's a game that grows with each play and with each new player you face so I imagine your excitement can only go up from here! :)

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
Helloooooo! I'm SkyBlueFox (just Sky works :V ) I only picked Armello up very recently, but I've ended up really enjoying it so far (and my first Spirit Stone victory was so clutch and fatefully perfect that I'm writing a big story inspired by it right now). I don't know if I'll post all super-often, but I'm happy to hang around!  :)

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »
Welcome, welcome!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
I can't wait to read that story.  Provided it isn't too long, my attention for such things has been rather short lately.