Author Topic: *poof* Little Jonny Ninja Appears  (Read 1092 times)

LittleJonnyNinja

• View Profile
*poof* Little Jonny Ninja Appears
« on: June 06, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »
Hi everybody! I am LittleJonnyNinja, currently residing in Canada but hoping to immigrate to New Zealand sometime next year. I am a researcher working on applications of artificial / computational intelligence. I love board games, among other things like martial arts, playing the flute, and *shock* playing video games. I am very excited to pick up Armello. Unfortunately, this is a busy time of the year with some conferences that I will be attending (I will be in Spain in two weeks) and I worry that if I get it now, I will ignore my research to play. When I return from Spain, I'm hoping to pick the game up. It looks really great.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:29:41 AM by LittleJonnyNinja »

Alderon

• View Profile
Re: *poof* Little Jonny Ninja Appears
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »
Tis indeed very good. If and when you do pick the game up, I encourage you to check out the LoG Backers group on Steam, which is open to everyone. That's the best way to meet and chat with fellow players

Welcome!
Twitter - @EsotericRambler     Twitch - esotericrambling      Steam - Alderon

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
Hey hey LittleJohnny,

I believe I've spoken to you on our Twitch streams :)

Woah! A researcher in applications of AI? That's crazy cool!

Also.. why NZ not Australia :P

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
Welcome Little Jonny Ninja,

Very glad you decided to purchase Armello and join our little community :)

Good luck with your up coming travels. I look forward to meeting you on the fields of Armello one day :D

Feel free to share your SteamName here or http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=74.0

Alvorn

LittleJonnyNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
Yes, I am LittleJonnyNinja on Twitch.

I've actually always been interested in how AI in video games are created. They often feel like rule-based systems (certain actions in certain games are a dead giveaway). I've always wondered though if any work through optimization or search (I'll include hidden Markov models in this) and look for a Nash equilibrium or some other optimal plays. Maybe someday I'll be a game developer and I can find out. :)

Why New Zealand as opposed to Australia?  Well, my understanding is that everything in Australia is trying to kill you, whereas in New Zealand the most dangerous thing would be a cannibal sheep. More seriously, the climate, the terrain, it is small, it ranks highly on UN best countries to live, etc. But hey if a university in Australia wants to offer me a professorship, I'm yours. :)

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm sure you will see me in early July.