Author Topic: The Royal Bazaar Devs Vs Community Stream - 28th May PDT  (Read 2447 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
The Royal Bazaar Devs Vs Community Stream - 28th May PDT
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »
Join Lisy and the LoG crew up against two of our community members!

So far we've had one game:
  • [LoG] Lisy
  • [LoG] Woody
  • TheCatStoleTheCrown
  • Pinstar

Devs 0 - Community 1

If you want your chance to go head-to-head with two of the LoG team, jump onto Twitch and sign up!

Come on by to our Twitch channel and say hi or feel free to ask us any questions you may have!

www.twitch.tv/leagueofgeeks

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: The Royal Bazaar Devs Vs Community Stream - 28th May PDT
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 09:59:21 AM »
I don't have a Twitch account, but I'd play if invited.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:28 PM »
The Contestents:
Devs:
Woodwerid - Mecurio
Lisy - Amber
Community:
TheRedRacoon - Thane
Alvorn - Sana

Game Report
Gaining the Royal Banner early on Amber (Lisy) took the lead in the Prestige Race. When this was combined with an Allies Pact with Mecurio (Woodweird) she couldn't be caught. I would claim that this Pact was the Devs colluding together, but Mecurio also played Merchants Agreement on me, so it wasn't all one sided.
This meant that Amber had Prestige Race the whole game and was able to use the Kings Decree's to great effect.

Sana kept hot on Ambers heels for most of the game, grabbing prestige from completed quests and killing opportunistic Banes as she moved from quest to quest.

As a result of all the agreements and pacts going around there was not a whole lot of Hero vs Hero fighting going on.
Mecurio only died once the whole match and Sana didn't die at all.

Thane quietly went about completing all his quests allowing him free access to the palace which caught the rest of us off guard. His plans where thwarted when Amber killed him (from memory by playing Immolation card on him).

The next turn Mecurio decided to enter the palace through the hole in the defences Thane had just created, however his plans where thwarted when Sana turned all his cards into Rot Symbols. He was then kicked from the Palace Grounds by a Guard.

Sana then made her approach towards the open palace grounds but was teleported when she stepped onto a dungeon tile and sent to the other end of the board.

Thane quickly made his way back from his clan grounds and was soon back in the Palace Grounds.

All three other players desperately tried to stop him by what ever means necessary , resulting in him going face to face with the King with only 1 Health.

Result
So after a very close and exciting match Lisy WON!  Thane managed to kill the King, but died in the process handing the victory to Amber the Prestige leader.

Highlights
  • Mecurio lived up to his sneaky ways, playing Civil Revolt on a settlement causing an uprising, only then to move onto the Settlement and not only claim it but a prestige point as well.
    However the very next turn Thane summoned a Bane onto the Settlement causing Mecurio to loose it and it become Terrorised again.
  • Early in the game, Amber attack Sana as she was standing on the tile that had her Quest on it. Somehow Sana managed to pull off a draw, thus denying Amber her quest. Sana then moved off the tile, but before Amber could move onto it, a Kings Guard did.
  • Sana only needed 1 more Magic to be able to play Lighting Strike on Thane the second time he entered the Palace Grounds. So she stepped onto a Dungeon tile, only to have a Bane spawn, after defeating the Bane she stepped back onto the Dungeon and found yet another Bane. Once again defeating it, she stepped onto the Dungeon with her last action point knowing that Third time is always the charm, but alas found 1 Gold instead. (If I had been thinking I would have just ended my turn in the forest as I had on the ring that gives me magic at Dawn if Im on a forest tile and then cast the spell on him during the Kings Guard turn)
  • At the end both Mecurio and Thane where in the Palace grounds, but Mecurio being the sneaky Rat that he is, removed the bounty from his head, thus ensuring the Kings Guard went for Thane.
    The crowd looked on and cheered for the Kings Guard as he threw himself upon Thanes sword, but alas it was not enough and Thane killed the Guard and managed to retain 1 Health Point.

Wrap Up
It was a great game and I want to say thanks to Lisy and Jason for taking the time to engage with the community in this manner. They both did a great job of commentating on the game while answering questions from the Twitch Chat room.
Hopefully the quality of the recording was good enough to allow them to upload the full video later.
The game was a great example of how quickly things can change in Armello and it is possible to pull a victory out of no where, even when you fall behind in the prestige race. In the end it didn't quite work out for TheRedRaccon (Thane), but it does show victory (or the possibility of it) can come from anywhere.
Well done guys, and thanks for inviting me to play :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:38:23 PM by Alvorn »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:17:38 AM »
Was very close, if you hadn't been portalled away, or had a few more AP to walk back, that game would have been yours.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »
Was very close, if you hadn't been portalled away, or had a few more AP to walk back, that game would have been yours.

Thanks Kletian999. I was quite surprised at the lack of offensive spells I drew that game. My basic strategy was to try and grab some armour and a weapon then just churn through the spell deck. If you watch the video you will see that every turn I use almost all of my spell points and cast almost all of my spells, in the hope that I will pull offensive spells from my next card draw. So if you were wondering why I kept casting Iron Bark on myself when no one was around, that was the reason.

I hope TheRedRaccon can jump on and share his thoughts/strategy with us as well.

Alvorn