Author Topic: Armello V.1 Tileset Preview  (Read 2890 times)

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Armello V.1 Tileset Preview
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:32:07 AM »
Hi Y'all

By now you've hopefully noticed we're coming out on PS4! In the announcement on the Playstation blog, we dropped a trailer and screenshots that show off a whole new, redesigned, high-poly tileset. Some might remembered we teased this a while back. Anyhow, I thought I'd share the the screens here as well, and let everyone know that the new tiles will also be accompanying the v.1 PC release as well!

Among some big changes; the Dungeon tile has been redesigned to minimise characters clipping through the geometry and the Palace has had a full makeover. We've also got some volumetric clouds and some funky full-screen effects going on! And this is for starters - we still have yet to do our 'juice' pass :)

And here's a link to the PS blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/26/armello-coming-to-ps4-inspired-by-tabletop-games/.

Ty

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Armello V.1 Tileset Preview
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »
Looking sweeeeeet Ty !
No really good shots of the palace so looking forward to seeing its new look.
Will the lower rez /polygon versions still be "included" so for those with an older machine it falls back to those instead of not being able to play, or playing at super crappy frame rate ?

Alvorn

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »
Hey Alvorn

We've been talking about including the lower poly assets, but so far have no solid conclusion. I'll let you know when we do :)

Ty

Gusteon

• Backer
  • Fluffy and cuddly, but mind the teeth~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:32:06 AM »
I actually like the low-poly sets (the hi-res ones are awesome don't get me wrong) but the low-poly ones remind me of actual tiles from old board games: Plastic that has had it's shapes blocked out and painted. It has its charms.

but that's just my two cents.

uthin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »
Just chipping in to let you know that like Alvorn, I would like you to keep the low poly art.

Otherwise everything... all this... will have been for naught...   ;)

(Yes, I have an old Mac...)