Author Topic: Tactics - Stopping Spirit Stone Victories  (Read 6223 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Tactics - Stopping Spirit Stone Victories
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
With swiping stones eliminated in Wyld's Will, I thought it might be fun to reintroduce the mechanic by way of a follower.  It'd be a far more situational but if you saw the follower pop up on a quest you may feel quite inclined to shoot for it. It'd be pretty high value to both prevent Spirit Walkers from easily taking the crown, or in aiding your own Spirit Stone victory.

What do you think? Worth it?

Hmmm I think its to situational. You would have to find the follower and equip them before you could do anything about stealing stones from a "Spirit Walker" (nice phrase by the way, I don't think we have heard that one before).

If the game mechanic is going to be changed, it should be something that everyone can do, just like everyone can effect the other victory paths.

That being said a follower that helps somehow with what ever that mechanic is, is a great idea !

If it was added, what kind of follower would help you steal the stones?

It would have to be a Satin Bower Bird of course. And here's why :)

1) Its Australian and there should be at least one native Australian animal in a the game from a company based in Australia.
2) It would keep all the Bird lovers such a CookoCloudCountry happy
3) It is renowned for stealing bright blue items !

For those that don't live in Australia you may be unfamiliar with them, but they are a variety of Bower Bird who collect all manner of blue plastic objects to place around their bower (i.e. nest) so as to attack the female.
Here are a couple of photos:

The nest is the hollow in between the two wall's of twigs.
However these guys have nothing on the bower birds of Papua New Guinea, except the bowerbirds of Papua New Guinea don't have the fascination for Blue things. Go watch this video from David Attenborough, its only short and its amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbWJPsBPdA
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:53:35 PM by Alvorn »

Mahasuchi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 01:26:05 AM »
With swiping stones eliminated in Wyld's Will, I thought it might be fun to reintroduce the mechanic by way of a follower.  It'd be a far more situational but if you saw the follower pop up on a quest you may feel quite inclined to shoot for it. It'd be pretty high value to both prevent Spirit Walkers from easily taking the crown, or in aiding your own Spirit Stone victory.

What do you think? Worth it?

If it was added, what kind of follower would help you steal the stones?

I'm not against the idea, but I imagine that with a follower you still have to attack another player to get the spirit stone. I wanted to see a mechanic where you can get a spirit stone without attacking a player. I'd settle for a trickery or spell card, if need be.

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
Alvorn - Bower Bird is perfect! Of course, we apparently have an unprecedented hatred of all birds here, so chances are dicey :)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
Alvorn - Bower Bird is perfect! Of course, we apparently have an unprecedented hatred of all birds here, so chances are dicey :)

So if there was a conspiracy against birds deep in the up escholons of LoG, who would you say it's at the heart of it ?

Don't tell us if it means putting your life in danger. We know how these anti bird types can get.

Alvorn