Author Topic: Outlander seneschals?  (Read 1883 times)

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
Outlander seneschals?
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
This is not really a "ZOMG must have it" suggestion, but my species bias does make me think about how it would be possible to add some more 'diversity' to the Great Clans, since it is obvious that other species exist and have to inhabit (or at least do business on) clan grounds.

I think it could make for some good storytelling if at least one hero fighting in the name of a Great Clan were another species comparable in behavior and stature. A foreigner that worked hard to prove loyalty and/or fought with valor under the clan's banner time and time again. Could be someone saved from death as a child that never knew any other home and swore life allegiance to the clan, could be many things.

Just interested in hearing what people think of this as a concept. Thoughts or related ideas?

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: Outlander seneschals?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »
This is not really a "ZOMG must have it" suggestion, but my species bias does make me think about how it would be possible to add some more 'diversity' to the Great Clans, since it is obvious that other species exist and have to inhabit (or at least do business on) clan grounds.

I think it could make for some good storytelling if at least one hero fighting in the name of a Great Clan were another species comparable in behavior and stature. A foreigner that worked hard to prove loyalty and/or fought with valor under the clan's banner time and time again. Could be someone saved from death as a child that never knew any other home and swore life allegiance to the clan, could be many things.

Just interested in hearing what people think of this as a concept. Thoughts or related ideas?

I love it!! if you read mercurios lore he saves people and rats all the time! could tie into that?

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
While it would be cliché irony, it would be entertaining to see a cat serving the rats. Would make an amazing infiltrator, as few would be suspicious enough to speculate his allegiance with rodents.

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
Yes, that would be great. I was thinking about it that way.
Probably the clans might be species specific, but they do have some associates, don't they?
Maybe the Wolf clan protects small critters that work and live near or on their territory, so maybe one very skilled/able animal might want to fight for the Wolf clan even being from other species.

I don't like the idea of making a lot of clans into the game, but it would be great to have different characters fighting for the clans we have.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
yeah im a bit cautious about introducing to many clans but it would be awesome if specific species got a bonus if their followers were all a certain type!