Author Topic: Introduction subforum?  (Read 3184 times)

Cheynas

• Backer
  • Token Ratlady
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Introduction subforum?
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
How about it?
Means less "clutter" of introductory posts in the General / Off Topic sections at least.

Anyways, this is me.
Most often a light gray ratlady, other times less than that.

Probably won't post much anyways, as I've got another forum I'm currently overly active in... but I'll try to check in every now and again to see what's happening.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: Introduction subforum?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
I like this idea!!! especially since we are backers at the moment, hit release and we will see crazy intro threads!

SmoggyBelle

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:23:28 AM »
Support! This is actually a really good idea! :D

Imagine when players start flooding in and we're like.....

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »
Who are you and who is that!! Hahaha I know that feeling!

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:45 AM »
Support! This is actually a really good idea! :D

Imagine when players start flooding in and we're like.....

Haha... good choice of meme XD
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
Done. Great idea!

You can find the intro subforum here.

Moving all intros from here to there. :)

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »
Done. Great idea!

You can find the intro subforum here.

Moving all intros from here to there. :)
Thanks Sir Trent :D
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
At first I was like YEAH
and then I saw that everybodies introductions was essentially separate threads, so still kinda messy.
But then, I read the thread names....

I'm thinking, there should be a rule in the Intro subforum to not make threads with titles like:
'hi'
'hello'
'whats up?'
'hey everybody!'

That's lazy and almost a messy as before. It doesn't tell me who is introducing themselves at all.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
At first I was like YEAH
and then I saw that everybodies introductions was essentially separate threads, so still kinda messy.

I'm thinking, there should be a rule in the Intro subforum to not make threads with titles like:
'hi'
'hello'
'whats up?'
'hey everybody!'

That's lazy and almost a messy as before. It doesn't tell me who is introducing themselves at all.

I dont find it that bad the posters name is underneath and there is an intro subforum

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 07:06:50 PM »
At first I was like YEAH

'hi'
'hello'
'whats up?'
'hey everybody!'

I dont find it that bad the posters name is underneath and there is an intro subforum

Yeah well just mentioning it. You've seen my other posts, so it's clear people don't notice the same problems I do.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
At first I was like YEAH

'hi'
'hello'
'whats up?'
'hey everybody!'

Yeah well just mentioning it. You've seen my other posts, so it's clear people don't notice the same problems I do.

ah ok well what would you prefer then?

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »
Oh in relation to introductions?

I dunno. When I make an intro thread I would probably call it: Snacuum AKA Duncan, or Introduction - Snacuum, or just Snacuum. Or I'll add a detail that might be nice like: Snacuum - Backer from Melbourne., or Snacuum - Hero Tier.
I get that a lot of this info is redundant because it can be found elsewhere on the forum. But it's clear I'm a huge stickler for semantics - it's important to me that relevant information is categorised, legible, and front and centre.

I try to keep every discussion about a criticism I make as civil as possible and not arguments, because I've learned that 90% of arguments I've been in have been failures of communication.

It would also be functional. I could easily search for, Introduction (name), if it was the way all those threads were built.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Oh in relation to introductions?

I dunno. When I make an intro thread I would probably call it: Snacuum AKA Duncan, or Introduction - Snacuum, or just Snacuum. Or I'll add a detail that might be nice like: Snacuum - Backer from Melbourne., or Snacuum - Hero Tier.
I get that a lot of this info is redundant because it can be found elsewhere on the forum. But it's clear I'm a huge stickler for semantics - it's important to me that relevant information is categorised, legible, and front and centre.

I try to keep every discussion about a criticism I make as civil as possible and not arguments, because I've learned that 90% of arguments I've been in have been failures of communication.

It would also be functional. I could easily search for, Introduction (name), if it was the way all those threads were built.

Well played!! all solid points! im sorry i kinda missed all your points until then! yeah i see what you mean :) its a great idea :)