Author Topic: I am in need of people with broader musical knowledge than I  (Read 1430 times)

Ja Powers

• Backer
    • View Profile
Okay, so I have a Armello music video in my head. Well, okay, I have several music videos stuck in my head, but this is one that I don't know the song to. Which is more than a little frustrating, let me tell you! It's sort of a spiffy music video, lots of juxtaposition of our two ratties dating and trying to kill each other. much chronological camera shenanigans.

I'd talk about it, but first thing first, I need that music. It is a break-up, you-hurt-me-good-bye kind of a song. I think. Female vocalist, mainly. The chorus runs something like:

You don't need/
  but you don't need/
  you don't need me.

Followed by a male voice, tenor, singing something like "Eh. Diddl-iddle le eh!"

Except I'm not sure those are the words exactly.  It has that sort of repetition and syllable count, but that's all I'm sure about. same for the male vocalization. Google is no help, since it looks at those three lines, and pulls "but you don't need me" as a single unit, functionally - no consideration for repetition; and that results in several thousand hits. ditto if you replace "need" with "see" or "hear" which are also options.

Let's see, other stuff. the stanzas are delivered in this very stilted sort of way - very low word count, lots of pauses, almost spoken word.  There is something about the orchestration and delivery that says 80's (sort of like Cindy Lauper's Time After Time, that kind of feel. little more synth, slightly more up tempo, but that style) to me, but of course you can borrow a style forward, so that's not so useful.

Does anyone know what this song is?

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: I am in need of people with broader musical knowledge than I
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »
Are you able to link the video here?

YouTube | Email

Ja Powers

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
haven't made it yet, though I don't see why I couldn't? When I finish it, that is?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:27:24 AM by Ja Powers »

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »

YouTube | Email