Author Topic: Suggest a Game!  (Read 9034 times)

amscollie

• Backer
  • Poke me. I dare you.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest a Game!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »
Dust: An Elysian Tail - 75% off on Steam for today only! Dust is a side-scrolling platformer with RPG elements. It's easily the best furry game ever to come out on the PC (that I've heard of anyway) and an incredible achievement by basically one guy. Its smooth, fun and intuitive, with excellent art and music. I highly recommend it. (Also, how many PC games do you get with a Korean theme?)
Got to echo the Dust suggestion, great game !

I also support the Dust suggestion. Played 6 hours today. It was 6 hours well-spent ^.^

Justin Whitfort

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
Well here are a few games for those of you that like a challenge...

I noticed your STEAM profile lists something called Leviathan Warships. It looked interesting but a lot of the reviews focused on the lack of community for it? How's the gameplay like?

The trailers for Leviathan Warships are brilliant. (Check out the others while you're at it too.) Unfortunately I can't say the game held my interest for that long with the singleplayer, and I never tried the multiplayer. I imagine that could be a bit of fun. It's worth it for those trailers alone though.

daihideo

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 08:17:40 PM »
Lots of the ones I was thinking of posting are already mentioned.
But this one is mindless fun:
One Finger Death Punch
It's like the Xia Xiao flash stick fighting scenes, but you actually control them somewhat. It's like a lot of the scrolling actions that hit a certain point then click the button it belongs to (Guitaroo Man, Parappa the Rapper, etc.), but it only has 2 buttons a left side and right side and you attack a side that has a corresponding enemy near you. Mindless fun I tell you!

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
Lots of the ones I was thinking of posting are already mentioned.
But this one is mindless fun:
One Finger Death Punch
It's like the Xia Xiao flash stick fighting scenes, but you actually control them somewhat. It's like a lot of the scrolling actions that hit a certain point then click the button it belongs to (Guitaroo Man, Parappa the Rapper, etc.), but it only has 2 buttons a left side and right side and you attack a side that has a corresponding enemy near you. Mindless fun I tell you!

Ive seen it around on youtube it looks awesome!!! and what was that game where you fight and parry with swords? Nidhogg?

TheSpectralWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:33 PM »

I noticed your STEAM profile lists something called Leviathan Warships. It looked interesting but a lot of the reviews focused on the lack of community for it? How's the gameplay like?

The trailers for Leviathan Warships are brilliant. (Check out the others while you're at it too.) Unfortunately I can't say the game held my interest for that long with the singleplayer, and I never tried the multiplayer. I imagine that could be a bit of fun. It's worth it for those trailers alone though.

Leviathan Warships is the kind of game I recommend if you can get a few friends together to play since the online community is indeed dead. Like Justin said, the trailer is amazing and if you like that you can enable a "Jazzy Mode" ingame that makes the game that much more awesome. The gameplay is turn-based in intervals of 10 seconds that starts either when everyone "commits" to their new set of actions or the turn timer runs out. Movement consists of selecting a ship and then clicking and dragging the green arrow for forward and the red arrow for reverse. While your setting your movement you'll see a number which tells you how many seconds it'll take for that ship to get to that location. In terms of weapons most of the offensive ones will automatically target and fire at an enemy within range of them; however defensive items and utilities must be aimed or activated manually. For game modes you have the option of Campaign or Challenge Missions for co-op. Additionally, there is Points or Assassination with either 1v1, 1v2, or 2v2 options for online versus.
According to long lost articles about the development of the game, the original working title for Armello was actually Murphy's Law: The Digital Board Game.*
*Actual articles not guaranteed to exist.

Xaroka

• Backer
  • There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:58 PM »
For the MMO likers out there (like me) here is one:

Defiance It is going free to play on June the 4:th and is available via steam. It is a third person shooter with a skill tree and activation abilities. Check it out today to be ready for it once it is free.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 11:54:33 PM »
Xaroka im really excited for defiance!!!! i cant wait!!!

Xaroka

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 11:58:52 PM »
Xaroka im really excited for defiance!!!! i cant wait!!!

Yeah, I pre ordered it, man it was a pile of bugs and a real mess the first months. They have finally gotten their act together though. It is pretty much spot free now.

velvetblues

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 12:05:40 AM »

Defiance It is going free to play on June the 4:th and is available via steam. It is a third person shooter with a skill tree and activation abilities. Check it out today to be ready for it once it is free.

I was so sad when I heard about that because I definitely bought it when it first came out (pretty sure I preordered it)...Oh well.  Guild Wars 2 and RIFT are some other pretty good MMOs.  RIFT has one of the most interesting class systems I've seen in a while (but unfortunately has VERY standard MMO combat system).  Guild Wars 2 is pretty and the combat system is much more active and intriguing, and the classes are pretty robust.  There are definitely some really good MMOs out there, those are just the two I've most recently been playing with friends.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 12:10:52 AM »

I was so sad when I heard about that because I definitely bought it when it first came out (pretty sure I preordered it)...Oh well.  Guild Wars 2 and RIFT are some other pretty good MMOs.  RIFT has one of the most interesting class systems I've seen in a while (but unfortunately has VERY standard MMO combat system).  Guild Wars 2 is pretty and the combat system is much more active and intriguing, and the classes are pretty robust.  There are definitely some really good MMOs out there, those are just the two I've most recently been playing with friends.

On that note, has anyone here looked at Wildstar with its many beta's lately? I'm going to play on a US PvE (*grmbl*, I prefer PvP...) server with my girlfriend sometime soon after it launches.

Xaroka

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 12:14:46 AM »
On that note, has anyone here looked at Wildstar with its many beta's lately? I'm going to play on a US PvE (*grmbl*, I prefer PvP...) server with my girlfriend sometime soon after it launches.

The reason I haven't visited that part of the forum is because I prefer my games to be a bit more serious :p (Borderlands being an exception)

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 01:57:31 AM »
The reason I haven't visited that part of the forum is because I prefer my games to be a bit more serious :p (Borderlands being an exception)

Well then World of Tanks is SRS BZNZ. It's an MMO, just not an MMORPG. It's more in the vein of Battlefield, only it takes away all those pesky irritating nuisances called "infantry", "airplanes" and "anything that isn't a death of treads" and replaces it with "angry houses with giant doomsticks on treads". Level up, buy new tanks, upgrade them, roll them out, meet interesting and exciting people, blow them up, get xp, rinse and repeat. Comes with a variety of historical and ahistorical tanks to play with from 7 nations: Germany, USSR, USA,  UK, France, China and Japan, from the period 1920 - 1960. It's a hugely fun game if you can get past the fact that a) everyone seems to drive Russian tanks and b) Russian tanks are usually better overall for nubs than any other faction. Prepare to hear whines of "Russian Bias" just about every other day.

“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

Xaroka

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 03:03:39 AM »
@SpiritFox It probably is, but I'm the weird one that prefers infantry over anything else in every strategy game ever. the other things  (tanks, walkers, aircraft) tend to be rather to big for my tastes or too limited in their use. (Yes I don't even use troop transport vehicles). while a lot of peeps might enjoy that, it's not for me.

velvetblues

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:32 AM »

I tried Wildstar through all the betas but just couldn't get into it.  Not sure what it was that I didn't like about it, because in theory I should love it.  It would help if more of my friends were planning on playing it, but for now I think I'll wait and see what happens with it.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »

Then especially for you: {url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbItL4qcugk]Wildstar Raids[/url]. Just watch that one.

Also, infantry battles and SRS BSNS? Planetside 2 : )

For those of you wondering, I'm on Miller EU in Planetside 2. Look for Kirellia on NC, KinanVS on... well, you know, and KinanEldari on the TR. Although I'm on my NC the most often. I also have a TR on Cobalt (Kinan),  but that server isn't all that fantastic, so I moved.

And if you want to know what Wildstar and Planetside 2 are? MMO's. Although one of the RPG variety, and the other being the FPS variety. For Wildstar, I'd really recommend you to watch these videos.

For Planetside 2? It's free to play and out already. If you like large scale combat with everything from infantry fights to airdrops from transport planes to tanks to buggies to... well, if it's been used in warfare, Planetside 2 has some form of it.