Author Topic: Armello: A Somewhat Comprehensive History  (Read 3042 times)

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
Armello: A Somewhat Comprehensive History
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:01 AM »
So... At some point this morning, I got up and thought to myself, "Why isn't there more to the Armello Wiki's lore page?"
I realized that, sadly, we did not have much info in there for there is - at the moment, at least- not a lot of canon to work with, but a lot could be speculated from it.
In order to somewhat appease my thinking, I crafted (and am crafting) this - Armello: A Somewhat Comprehensive History
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Armello: A Somewhat Comprehensive History
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »
From my vantage point in the project this is fascinating, thanks Red! You're correct - the information we've delivered is  just threaded throughout the fragments we've released. I personally like it that way and love seeing folks like yourself piece it together. 

I don't think it'll be long before a much wider vision of the world is brought to you (don't stop writing your history, though!) Particularly when the Armello novellas are released with such an epic tale to be told. There's  a fine line between having all the answers and the mystery of wondering what is afoot. Hoping we hit that nice middle ground!

Great writing, btw! You're definitely tapping into the right sources and giving all the right kinds of spin :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:06:45 AM by Ty Carey »

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:00:16 AM »
From my vantage point in the project this is fascinating, thanks Red! You're correct - the information we've delivered is  just threaded throughout the fragments we've released. I personally like it that way and love seeing folks like yourself piece it together. 

I don't think it'll be long before a much wider vision of the world is brought to you (don't stop writing your history, though!) Particularly when the Armello novellas are released with such an epic tale to be told. There's  a fine line between having all the answers and the mystery of wondering what is afoot. Hoping we hit that nice middle ground!

Great writing, btw! You're definitely tapping into the right sources and giving all the right kinds of spin :)
Just like I said within, no complaints here! ^~^
You definitely hit a great middle ground.
~ 火狐-Red ~

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »
It's official.

Bears can't read.

Check out the update  8)
~ 火狐-Red ~

Trendane

• Backer
  • Voice actor, writer, comic.
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 02:59:58 AM »
It's official.

Bears can't read.

Check out the update  8)

Strewth!
--
Tren Sparks
I'm not crazy...I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »
Not sure how I missed this thread. Lore is one of my favourite things. Creating and understanding worlds has been a passion of mine for some time. Will have to read through your history doc Red and we can start some discussions !

Alvorn

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:00 AM »
I've made a return to this project (albeit a small one) and have finished the Scarlet/Bandit Clan article.

I hope to eventually update this thing with more pieces on some of the more interesting things that have come to be since this project's beginnings (i.e. the Stranger for starters).
~ 火狐-Red ~

G0vnah

• View Profile
    • IZ:TDM!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:58:10 AM »
This is incredibly helpful! But now I'm very curious as to the accuracy of these notes, given the time gap between this update and the last . Has any new info come out that contradicts the old information? I'd love to see this project continued and/or revamped, if only as a helpful guide to fanfic writers.

Which brings me to my other question: do you want me to link to this in my fanfics? I mean, on one hand, the quick read could help a lot, and artistic credit is due for this. On the other, I can understand not wanting attention drawn to a project that could be considered "outdated" (again, only assuming that this info is currently contradicted by old information - it could be that the "canon" presented here is perfectly fine).

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »
So, I honestly wouldn't mind getting credit! (Credit is always nice) But I won't require it, as this is largely taken from pretty solidly stated things. However, that being said, linking to this project would be quite nice as receiving input from others on what they think happened would be quite beneficial, so long as some of it is based on facts that are available.

Also, sorry for the late reply, I surface only every other blue moon or so XD
Been regrettably busy maintaining some other spaces of the web.

You're more than welcome to email me with any other questions and/or concerns.
~ 火狐-Red ~

CaptainRed1000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
As a fan of story and lore, I'm grateful that you've gathered all of this information into the one place for anyone to find. It'd be a great benefit for anyone who wants to build on it with fan fiction, or anyone who just wants to learn more. This is a credit to you, my fellow Red friend!

I do have my own theories about some of the topics covered, but little to back them up. Not all too sure if this'd be the place to share them.