Author Topic: Ironclaw (Anthropomorphic Roleplay Game) + Armello  (Read 13342 times)

Weatherman

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Ironclaw (Anthropomorphic Roleplay Game) + Armello
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »
Aww, no way! I own two Ironclaw novels (pic related). They're such a fun read.
Anyway, definitely count me in if you guys are gonna start a group for it.

Jak XT

• Backer
  • Charmingly tedious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:13 AM »
This certainly sounds like it'll be fun, whether it's just plain Ironclaw, or we mix it with Armello, I'd probably be up for joining if anyone decides to run a game.

I have a bunch of the Ironclaw PDF's, but I've never had anyone to play it with (because my group already plays a bunch of other Tabletop RPG's), so I've never bothered properly reading any of them. ;^-^
I still have a list of ideas for characters I would have liked to use though X3c

And time zones may be a bit of an issue for some people.
I once got up at 5am every set day to play a DnD campaign over skype with some friends overseas, and I'd rather not get up at weird times like that again :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:11:26 AM by JakXT »
Not really... But still.

Zarpaulus

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »

I own those too.  Plus Dream Carver, which seems to be based on one of the author's campaigns.

Lucas

• Backer
  • Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 01:27:31 AM »

I own those too.  Plus Dream Carver, which seems to be based on one of the author's campaigns.

Dreamcarver was quite good too. My favorite is Black Iron, but I have a weakness for the Bisclavret~
Soon enough the new Adventure Guide is being printed which will include all the older written adventures of first edition, plus a new one based on a opera murder mystery ;3

I would love to run that one!

SmoggyBelle

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
@SpiritFox, OHHHHH i think i get it now :D I think i saw this concept before in one of my phone games called Surviving Highschool,  where the nerds were playing something like this :O

sounds interesting ;D I would definitely try it if we have something like this!! ;D
Love that game!! I was always dating Raven :P

Thanks so much for all your help on this SpiritFox, consider me learned :P  Put me on your invite list if you ever decide to host a noob RP game, i would absolutely attend!! Thanks again!
Haha me too! Raven's the best xD she became non both later in the game u know!?!?!

Yeah! Me too! I would definitely join too ^_^

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
@SpiritFox, OHHHHH i think i get it now :D I think i saw this concept before in one of my phone games called Surviving Highschool,  where the nerds were playing something like this :O

sounds interesting ;D I would definitely try it if we have something like this!! ;D
Love that game!! I was always dating Raven :P

Thanks so much for all your help on this SpiritFox, consider me learned :P  Put me on your invite list if you ever decide to host a noob RP game, i would absolutely attend!! Thanks again!
Haha me too! Raven's the best xD she became non both later in the game u know!?!?!

Yeah! Me too! I would definitely join too ^_^

i never saw that!! was it an expansion?

im keen for a RP these forums have definitely gotten me more interested in it

YouTube | Email

Meniatz

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:29 AM »
I've only played Ironclaw once (a quick one-shot campaign), but I enjoyed it a great deal.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:50 PM »
You know, I first encountered Ironclaw when I stumbled across a copy of the rulebook in my local game store. I used to participate in Yugioh tournaments, and one day decided to purchase the book with my winnings. I think I also eventually got Jadeclaw and Werewolf the Apocalypse, too. But yeah, I LOVE Ironclaw! In some ways, I kind of feel Armello is a spiritual successor to the game.

The world they set up in Ironclaw is very beautiful. You can definitely tell they've done their research. Unfortunately, as some other posters have pointed out, combat is extremely clunky in the game. After a few campaigns, I actually took it on myself to rework the combat a bit and 'house rule' it. I gave things like Parry a combat advantage. Working with the players, we also hammered out a system of individual 'Talents' - special moves unique to the player you can use in combat. Basically, Limit Breaks.

The thing I eventually figured out about Ironclaw is that it is much, much better suited to players who enjoy crafting the story. It's entire engine dedicates itself to crafting a unique, often flawed character with quirks and goals.