Author Topic: Timeline for alpha testing???  (Read 1815 times)

K Fox

• Backer
    • View Profile
Timeline for alpha testing???
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:09:27 PM »
So this being GD and all, I figured it'd be a decent place to start a discussion/ask a question. Maybe it's been posted somewhere in the KS comments, or possibly one of the older updates (I haven't really had time to go back through them all), but has there been any talk of an approximate date for the Alpha access? Obviously the game, while very early in the development process, is at least playable enough to have made the streams, but when do we think it might be ready to warrant releasing to the alpha testers? Inquiring minds, and all.

Also, I want to state for those who might question, I do understand what alpha testing is and is for. So it's not a good idea to just throw something at the backers just because they scream for it (and I know it'll happen eventually - seems to always do so), so the decision of when it happens is of course totally up to LoG. Alpha is all about catching bugs and issues that have major impacts in the game (ie, "why - why does it always crash when I do that??!?!"). And then Beta is all about balancing in a game like this. But maybe I missed some info somewhere, and either way, I'd like opinions on the matter from the group. Thoughts?

K Fox
This is my sig, there are many like it but this one is mine... :D

TheSpectralWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline for alpha testing???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:09:10 AM »
The timeline for the release of the Alpha build for eligible backers is 3-4 months out and hopefully by November for the Beta. You can find the official post in Update #20 on the Kickstarter page.

I can't wait to get my hands on it personally, but since they are indeed releasing it a bit later I think it should be generally polished more than you'd think.  Of course there still may be some bugs and balancing to be done so  we don't want to lose sight providing useful feedback of those either .
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:14:20 AM by TheSpectralWolf »
According to long lost articles about the development of the game, the original working title for Armello was actually Murphy's Law: The Digital Board Game.*
*Actual articles not guaranteed to exist.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »
The timeline for the release of the Alpha build for eligible backers is 3-4 months out and hopefully by November for the Beta. You can find the official post in Update #20 on the Kickstarter page.

I can't wait to get my hands on it personally, but since they are indeed releasing it a bit later I think it should be generally polished more than you'd think.  Of course there still may be some bugs and balancing to be done so  we don't want to lose sight providing useful feedback of those either .

Thanks Spectral! i was wondering this myself and i really appreciate your work here going out of your way to find that update post :) Kudos to you kind sir

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:59:32 AM »
I'm sure LOG will have a more defined date in a few months. As much as I'm itching to play Armellow, I want to play a round all the way through without it crashing.